Take Action: Demand Transit Progress that Puts People and Climate First
Take action for a stable climate, clean air, and the future we all deserve. Send a message to state leaders today to demand progress on sustainable transit solutions that put people and our planet first!
Transportation is the the biggest source of climate pollution in Minnesota and across the U.S, but when we speak up together, we can change that. Right now, a bill advancing in the Minnesota House of Representatives will take critical steps to expand and improve transit, biking, walking and rolling! Voice your support.
The House bill includes:
- Funding for reduced transit fares in July and August 2022
- $2 million for bus shelter improvements across the metro area
- A working group to deploy improvements like bus lanes and traffic signal prioritization to make local bus service quick and convenient
- $12 million for biking, walking and rolling infrastructure
- Matching state funds for federal grants for electric buses
- Funding for Northern Lights Express passenger rail service from the Twin Cities to Duluth
- A pilot program for microtransit services in the Twin Cities suburbs for last mile connections
Now is the time to urge state lawmakers to provide critical funding for fast, frequent, reliable transit. With so much at stake and a state budget surplus of over $9 billion, there is no reason not to fund transit, biking, walking and rolling to the fullest extent possible this session.
Take action now. Let’s protect our future. Let’s protect our climate. And let’s ensure urgent transit, bicycling, walking, and rolling projects have the resources they need to move forward.